Saint of the Day | AmericanCatholic.org

Wednesday 18 March 2009

Our Second Full Day in the Dominican Republic

Well, we have finished our second full day of visiting schools and helping organizations.

Our trip here was an adventure in itself. A women with asthma had an attack and we had to make a quick landing in West Palm Beach. We were two hours delayed. At least I can say I have been to Florida.

Waking up in a new country is the most beautiful type of transition into new sights and sounds. It is where reality meets dreaming and I am unsure what I am doing now.

The young people are wonderful. It is as if they have always been here. Travel well together. Getting use to very different surrounding. Our first encounter was at a Le Arche home in Santa Domingo. This really broke the ice with the young people.

I am so happy to be here but I look forward to bring our young people home to share their experiences.