Saint of the Day | AmericanCatholic.org

Thursday 7 June 2012

Taking Care

Your Pastor: This last week I took sometime off at my parents cottage with my dad. Over the last few years I have taken over the role of the care taker of the family cottage. Opening and closing the cottage fall to me. But once a year my dad still makes his inspection tour where he checks up on things and gives input on what needs attention. It is great guy time in our family.
You will see that this week we are distributing the financial statements for our parishes. I am thankful to the finance committee for being good caretakers of our parishes finances. While they do a good job it is still important for all of us to take care and review how we are doing.
We have so much to enjoy at our parishes and so to be thankful for but one a year it is important to take stock of how things are going financially. The parishes sole source of funding is you. More then just money your time and talents offered to God and our community is what makes this community tick.
I want to thank all of you for the gift you make of yourselves. You are a valued gift and help raise this community up every time you offer yourself in prayer or service.
Fr. Peter Keller

St. Michael's & Sacred Heart Faith Community