Saint of the Day | AmericanCatholic.org

Wednesday 18 July 2012

People make the place

I am sending you this from the Huddle coffee bar at the heart of Notre Dame University. We are learning lots here but I am also struck by how much we learn through the atmosphere of a place. If people mesh a place long enough they build tradition. That tradition is very evident at Notre Dame.
In our community there are also ironic people that helped build the identity of our parishes. One such person is Mary Ann Barcroft our cluster's secretary. Mary Ann has recently declared her intention to retire at the end of August. She has discerned this for some time. While she will be missed, I am glad she has made this graced decision.
I speak for many pastors when I thank Mary Ann for keeping things going in the past. I hope that Mary Ann's legacy can be part of our building for the future.
Fr. Peter Keller

St. Michael's & Sacred Heart Faith Community