Saint of the Day | AmericanCatholic.org

Thursday 23 August 2012

From Your Pastor

Oh, what a life! We cannot wait,

To be in that arctic land,

Where we'll be masters of our fate,

And lead a life that's grand!

 

Like Calvin from the comic strip, I am off to the Yukon to visit my good friend, Fr. Matt George.  Fr. Matt volunteered to go to the Yukon for two years.  He has found the Yukon is a big place that allows you to do some big thinking.  So I look forward to his insights after his first year there.

My vacation this year came in bite sized pieces that helped stretch summer.  A new associate, Catholic Christian Leadership Camp, Notre Dame Vision and my family get away were all taste little pieces of life that will nourish me for the year to come. I know my trip to the Yukon will be an important break for me to put together the pieces of a busy summer.