Saint of the Day | AmericanCatholic.org

Friday 11 October 2013

Il lupo è morto!

The Romans say "in bocca al lupo!" ("in the mouth of the wolf") to wish people luck in a difficult situation.  The correct response is "Crepi il lupo!" (May the wolf die!")
Well I would like to thank those who were praying for me during these days of my comprehensive exam.  I truly felt like I had put my head in the mouth go the wolf.  The exam pretty well summarized everything I learnt in seminary 17 years ago!  I felt it went well, both the oral and written parts. In any case… il lupo è morto! The last question of the oral after discussing the finer points of the Council of Chalcedon was "Talk to a troubled youth who says they do not believe in God"  My speciality… I could of kissed the examiner!

Grazie tutti!!

Fr. Peter