Saint of the Day | AmericanCatholic.org

Saturday 17 April 2010

From Your Pastor

The resurrected Christ encounters his disciples on the beach in this week's Gospel. This simple intimate encounter of having breakfast on the beach summarizes my time in Bluewater. Where water and land meet has always been that special place of transition. I think that is why we are drawn to the shoreline. Here things never change because they are always changing.

Peter is challenged with the question, “Do you love me?” His affirmation is followed by the command to feed Christ’s flock. For me the same question and command resonate. As I begin to contemplate my move to Sacred Heart Sarnia and St. Michal’s Bright Grove in July, I understand what Peter felt on the beach. It was part of Peter’s vocation to follow Jesus and part of mine to follow where I am lead.

On the weekend of April 24-25 we celebrate vocation weekend. Deacon John Vallely will be here to remind us that we all have a vocation to serve in love. Deacon John serves our diocese as the coordinator of formation for our deacons. I know there are many vocations in our parishes. Hear Jesus ask…. “Do you love me?” in your answer you will comprehend the challenge to “feed my sheep”. In this constant dialogue we find our purpose and fulfillment.