Saint of the Day | AmericanCatholic.org

Friday 23 April 2010

From Your Pastor

It is wonderful to have Deacon John Vallely to celebrate with us on Vocation Sunday. We celebrate the gift of the Spirit that gets expressed in the church through the various vocation we are called to. Each vocation and ministry strengthens and fortifies one another. The deacons in our diocese make me want to be a better priest in the same way the married couples I know help me grow in my priesthood.
It is important to me that this Vocation Sunday we have Deacon John Vallely with us because deacons are an important part of the church. They are sacramental expressions of our universal call to serve and spread the good news. They remind us all of our baptism vocation. I am always praying for vocation and in Huron Perth I know there are many married men who are being called to serve as deacons.
The Diocese of London will be receiving inquiries from interested applicants for admission to the Permanent Diaconate Formation and Study Program.  An Information Session for Huron Perth will be held on Thursday, May 13, 2010 from 7:30—9:30 pm at St. Patrick’s Parish, Dublin.  If you would like more information on the Permanent Diaconate Program, please pick up a brochure from your Parish Office.