Saint of the Day | AmericanCatholic.org

Thursday 12 August 2010

From Your Pastor:

I spent this past week with my family at Severn Lodge for our annual summer get away.  Great food, lots of swimming and best of all I can still beat my nieces at cribbage for the time being.   For me where the water hits the land is a good place to contemplate our life.  Here the eternal meets the ever changing.

This summer is the beginning of a time of change for the faith community of St. Michael’s & Sacred Heart.  We are two parishes, one faith community and me; one pastor to bring us together.  Many have asked since we have two priests why not just let each parish have their own pastor?  Good question, yet with the declining number of priests there is a great need for places for priests to minister together, learn and even convalesce.  This is a great place for Fr. Antony to learn about our culture and get his feet on the ground in Canada.  The cluster also prepares us for the possibility that one day we might have only one priest in our faith community.  I am still trying to figure out my role here in these two wonderful parishes.

Fr. Higgins our Episcopal Vicar will be installing me at St. Michael’s at the Saturday mass August 21st and at Sacred Heart at the Saturday mass September 11th.  Please continue to pray for me and our faith community.