Saint of the Day | AmericanCatholic.org

Monday 30 August 2010

JoAn Farewell

Last week we had a wonderful send off to a wonderful lady of our parish. JoAn embraced life in our midst and in the world to come. Music had always been part of the her journey. She had planned many things for funeral including the songs and hymns. I thank Leanne and the choir for working with the family to ensure a beautiful celebration.
I have an apology to make. Not knowing what JoAn's plans were and never having experienced the ministry of the funeral choir; I made an off handed remark regarding "Time to say goodbye" which was refered to in her obiturary. It is a beautiful and challenging piece. I was wrong to assume that she had requested this for her funeral and wrong to infer in a blog posting that our choir could not "pull it off". I experienced a funeral music ministry at JoAn's funeral that was not only well planned and well executed; but centrally a gift of prayer and praise.
I hope my apology is accepted and my thanks for their ministry is known.