Saint of the Day | AmericanCatholic.org

Thursday 12 January 2012

From your pastor

    I have to compliment the parishes on how well you have adapted to the new words in the liturgy.  I am sensing some unsurety regard liturgical postures.  For the sake of clarity I offer the following guide.
    Standing during the "Pray my sisters and brothers..."; you should stand once the priest has finished washing his hands and the offertory hymn is finished.  Kneel after the "Holy, Holy".
    Standing during reception of communion; you should stand up while the priest comsumes the host and the communion hymn begins.  Kneel (or sit if you are unable) once everyone has received communion and the communion hymn finished.  Remain at prayer until the priest says "Let us Pray"
    I hope this is some help.