Saint of the Day | AmericanCatholic.org

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Your Pastor

Happy Marchuary!   I hope to go skiing this coming week but I may have to go water skiing.  The strange weather is in keeping with the Liturgical Calendar.  Lent is almost upon us and I have to say I need a good Lenten Renew.  Lent is like spring training camp for Catholic to hone the basic skills necessary for a solid Catholic faith practice.  Prayer, Fasting and Giving Alms are the three central disciplines for Lent.  Each discipline is meant to fortify a principle relationship for us.  Prayer awakens our relationship with God, Fasting restores a right relationship with the things we consume and Giving Alms puts us in right relationship with others. Discuss with your family what your discipline this year should be.  What relationship do you need to work on?   www.bustedhalo.com has had a great daily pray, fast, gave suggestion for lent.  I encourage you to follow along.