Saint of the Day | AmericanCatholic.org

Thursday 1 July 2010

From your Pastor:

I feel like a baby starting over again. This is my first day and everything is new. Yet; even as Fr. Antony and I begin here at St. Michael’s and Sacred Heart, I realize we have a lot to be thankful for. The ministry of Fr. Joe Snyder, Fr. Len Desjardins, Stella Burns and most recently Fr. Peter Poel have been a continued blessing to this community. As we approach the anniversary of Fr. Joe death, it is important to remember all the contributions of those who have ministered in our communities and pledge ourselves to continue to bear the fruits of the kingdom.
Since it was announced that I was being transferred to St. Michael’s and Sacred Heart, I have met informally with the ministry and administrative staffs of both parishes. I am assured of their insight and support as we begin ministry together. A transitional Pastoral Council has been formed to give input into the practical pieces of the clustering and to craft a new permanent Pastoral Council in January which will be responsible for long term pastoral planning

As the Pastoral Council, finance committees, pastoral team and administrative team begin to work together, it will be important to keep you informed. We have two wonderful dynamic parishes which I pray will benefit from ministering together.